Https //Apps2.Com.ohio.gov/Fire/Healthcare Training/ | Members of the Ohio Fire Academy (OFA) may take advantage of a significant discount on online training subscriptions for all Ohio fire departments, emergency medical services agencies, firemen, and EMS professionals. Memberships provide access to 24-7 Fire and 24-7 EMS courses for firefighter growth and EMS continuing education, as well as a variety of other benefits.
Every course has been authorized by the Ohio Federation of Teachers to satisfy the state’s continuing education and professional development requirements. Otis tm, the online training management system that comes with the package, makes it simple to manage training for your whole department.
Extensive market research with facility managers in the health care sector resulted in the establishment of the NFPA Certified Life Safety Specialist (CLSS-HC) for Health Care Facility Managers program in 2015. According to the findings of the study, health care facility managers have a strong desire to obtain a credential that demonstrates their understanding of the numerous life safety challenges that exist in the health care environment, as well as how to keep their facilities in compliance with the 2012 edition of NFPA 101®, Life Safety Code.
Note to all applicants seeking surveyor positions with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS): Not the CLSS-HC test, but the NFPA Certified Fire Inspector – I (CFI-I) certification is required of Life Safety Code Surveyor applicants, according to the CMS.
The objectives of the programme are as follows:
- In a health care context, it is necessary to identify and demonstrate skill in dealing with life safety problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the application of NFPA 101®, the Life Safety Code®
- increase your level of professionalism
- encourage professional growth and development
- maintain an open and accessible certification process that is standard and fair for all participants
- CLSS-HC materials are a subset of CLSS-HC materials.
- For more information, view the candidate handbook (PDF)
- Re-evaluate the application (PDF)
- Form for recertification every three years (PDF)
- Content Area Weighting for the CLSS-HC Examination (PDF)
- Advisory Committee on Certification
Materials to consult as a guide
The test is based on the 2012 version of the National Fire Protection Association’s 101®, Life Safety Code®. Candidates are responsible for obtaining this reference material for study purposes and for having it available during the test. It is the sole source of information that may be used in the examination room. If you would want to buy this NFPA paper, you may do so by visiting the NFPA’s catalogue online.